Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Working Life Path 24/6

“It doesn’t matter what we do
until we accept ourselves.
Once we accept ourselves,
It doesn’t matter what we do.”
~ Charly Heavenrich

If accepting myself means not constantly trying to improve myself, to correct, and to heal what’s wrong with me, then I’ve not accepted myself as I am. I still think there’re things wrong in me, in my life, and I’m always trying to find and change those, out of fear, not out of love or acceptance. That’s the issue, and obsession, with perfection which Dan Millman is pointing out for my life path (24/6) in his book “The Life You Were Born To Live”. True to form, I did not get it at first—what are you talking about, I know I’m not perfect! (Look at what I’m trying so hard to change that!) Besides, I wouldn’t be reading this book if it wasn’t for this little blemish of mine… ha!

Reading about the number “2”, I see that I need to accept also, that on at least one level in existence there will always be duality, and I DON’T need to, nor am I responsible for bringing it into oneness. I only have to balance the opposite forces to suit the situation. It isn’t my job to attain union (perfection!). I leave that to one greater than I, with trust and serenity.

About the number “6”: “They’re here to let the light they carry shine through their action, not to become preoccupied with them.” And “It’s who they are that matters, not how well they do or what they know.” Because “People like and care about them, not how well they do every little thing. Those working 6 have a certain purity radiating in their energy field due to their high ideals.”

“The only perfection is perfect flow, and perfect fun.”

About the number “4”:

“If you have built castles in the air,
your work need not be lost.
Now put foundations under them.”
~Osa Johnson

I can’t, or at least haven’t, sit still with my imperfection (and other discomforts), which is my bed of nails. Or maybe more like a hair shirt, because I chose to put it on, just so I’m constantly reminded of my failings. It gives me something to do, itching and scratching, trying to soothe the rash. Even better, it guarantees a full-time job for many lifetimes to come. Maybe an eternity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home